Thursday, July 27, 2017

Personal Update

I started regular gym attendance a couple of weeks ago, and am getting plenty of exercise.  I do feel better, and the exercise lessens my chronic depression considerably.  I sleep a lot better, too.  I want more energy and to strengthen my core, my arms, shoulders and back.  I need the strength for playing bass, for loading and unloading heavy amplifiers and playing stand-up bass, which is physically draining.  I have a personal trainer, and that really helps:  he knows what exercises I should be doing, and it takes the guesswork out of it.

Tonight is the last meeting of the semester for the Cats Jazz Band of Los Gatos.  I may not go back for the new semester later in August.  Been there, done that.  I will look at alternatives for continuing my progress on bass.  I am thinking of getting a few lessons from a professional stand-up bass player, to perfect my technique in fingering and handling the bass.  If you don't do it right, you will get fatigued in the middle of a gig and barely able to play.  It's happened to me.

The political and social situation in this country is now insane.  Not as bad as in Europe or Canada, yet, but the Democrats are working on that.  California is moving to secede from the Union.  I doubt it ever will, but as a Californian, I will vote for it, should it make it to the ballot.  It would be better for the rest of the country to rid ourselves of this bastion of Marxism, and remove the automatic 50 electoral college votes for the left wing Democrats.

No comments: