Sunday, June 28, 2015

Note to Robert Stacy McCain: Now I Understand Your Blogging Focus

Up until Barack Obama was re-elected, Robert Stacy McCain wrote excellent expository essays on the tyranny and destructiveness of liberalism.  Then he apparently gave up the general fight against the left, and just focused on the foolishness of feminism.

I regretted this, because feminism has limited interest for me.  I missed McCain's essays, which I found informative and educational.  After this past week to ten days, I began to understand why McCain more or less dropped out of the general fight.  Conservatism has lost the battle.  The Republican Party is weak and ineffective. The culture wars have been lost to the left.  America is now someplace else, something other than the country we all loved.

Perhaps McCain realized that there is little we can do to turn back the tide of progressivism.  The Supreme Court has become a farce.  Profound ignorance of history, particularly that of the South, grows by leaps and bounds.  The country has become increasingly intolerant of traditional Americanism, e.g., Christianity, traditional marriage, Confederate history, flags and symbols. It will probably get worse, not better. I no longer feel that I belong here, that I am a stranger in a strange land.  What's the point?

So McCain has seemingly picked one small front in our losing battle for freedom.  I now share this feeling of futility.  For the time being, I will cease the general battle as well, and concentrate on fighting the Northern Myth of history.  Will I help turn the tide?  Probably not in our lifetimes.

So I'll do what little I can on a smaller front.  And I will write about non-political subjects that interest me. For now, anyway.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

I miss Stacy's essays, too. I consider him to be one of the stellar writers on the web. A very smart guy (like you.)

Stogie Chomper said...

Thanks, Adrienne.

DonaldDouglas said...

Stacy hasn't stopped writing about the left. If you actually read his posts on feminism, they're wide ranging.


The main reason he generally avoids more general conservative blogging is because the market's saturated. He says that not that many people blog about radical feminism, which is actually a fundamental ideological current in contemporary leftism, e.g., with mainstream embrace of the "rape culture" narrative.



But what do I know, right Stogie? I mean I'm a crazy Lincoln-lover and an apologist for the tyranny of the Union during the War for Southern Independence.

Stogie Chomper said...

What you say makes sense, but Stacy writes about the left a lot less than he used to. I read his blog a lot less as a result.