Saturday, December 07, 2013

Remembering Pearl Harbor: 72 Years Ago Today

American Ships Burn in Pearl Harbor
December 7, 1941
Throughout my life, I have always noted the date when December 7th rolled around.  It is the anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in Hawaii, where 2,403 Americans were killed by bombs or bullets, eight Navy ships sunk and twelve more damaged.

The Japanese Empire had drawn first blood in our war with the Axis Powers in World War II.  They would live to regret it -- or should I say, their survivors would live to regret it.

Seventy-two years have passed since that fateful day in history.  God bless those who died on that day, in that place, and may we never forget them.

Source:  Fact Sheet Pearl Harbor, U.S. Navy Museum online.


1 comment:

Always On Watch said...

I have noticed -- especially over the past 10 years -- that a lot of people don't even know the significance of the date December 7, 1941.


The Information Age is the Age of Ignorance. Sheesh.


Thank you for remembering Pearl Harbor Day. I didn't have time to post about it. My post tomorrow will explain why. I'm sure that the significance of the date December 7 was not lost on the crowd that arrived to our house.