Thursday, February 09, 2012

Philosophical Reflection and a Fine Repast After a Full Work Day

Here I am, comfortably ensconced in my lush hotel suite, relaxing after my usual fine gourmet meal, i.e. genuine South American cuisine, served on a white napkin and with a snifter of the finest Burgundy.

Okay, okay, the hotel is really a $50 a night cheapy directly under the flight path to San Francisco Airport; the cuisine actually a Belly Bomb Burritto from 7-11, the white napkin a wash cloth and the snifter of Burgundy a bottle of Diet Coke.  Sue me.

I have been working seven days a week for the past two weeks.  I have never done that before.  I decided to try an experiment and see how long I can last before I go postal.  So far, the stress is manageable.  The good thing is that on the weekends I am working on individual taxes, whereas during the week I work on corporations, partnerships and LLC's.  I am having a blast.  I enjoy it.  I am productive.  Look ma, I'm working!  My wife was so cute last week when I brought home an actual paycheck.  "Oh my God," she exclaimed, "What is it?  A p-p-paycheck??  I remember hearing about those once!"

"What do I do with it?" she queried nervously.  

"Take it to the bank, dear," I replied.  They'll help you with that."

Lucky for her, I knew the answer to that question.  I am not a CPA for nothing.

No comments: