Sunday, March 20, 2011

Temecula, California and the War in Libya

I'm in Temecula, California, about 70 miles north of San Diego, near Riverside.  My son and his family are thinking of moving here from Northern California and are house hunting.  So this morning it is breakfast, church and real estate.

I see on the news that the new war in Libya is going full blast.  I figure it is only a matter of time before the allies have boots on the ground.  As long as they are there, I hope they (1) kill Gaddafi Duck and (2) steal as much free oil as possible.  (We paid $4.29 a gallon for regular yesterday.)

Of course, I am not serious about stealing Libya's oil.  At 2% of the world's resources, it isn't worth the trouble.  Now Saudi Arabia, that's another question.  Not only could we take their oil, we could make Mecca into a giant filling station, with a crescent moon and star as the new gasoline company's logo.  Now for a rousing rendition of "Ahab the Arab":

No comments: